Botswana Engineers Registration Board applauds sponsors and highlights achievements
Engineers registration Board held a breakfast meeting to thank sponsors of the successful Engineers Forum 2019 held from the 29th to the 31st of July.Engineer Clare Mosarwa who was the Project Manager for the event said the inaugural Engineers Forum success will go a long way. “You made a good impression, you can stand tall and be proud of this success. During and after the forum some companies regretted not listening to the sponsorship call,”she said .
Engineer Mosarwa is also the ERB Standards Manager. She gave a brief update of what was happening in july 29-31 2019.Basicall y the event had to show that ERB IS not just about registration but to provide a platform for think tanks.She said the forum had attracted players in the built environment ,local and international engineering experts, policy makers ,procuring entities and consumers of engineering services.It had also provided an opportunity for dialogue on key topics that are of interest to the engineering community and other stakeholders.They were over 500 participants and in the next forum they target over 1500 engineers to attend and discuss about engineering issues
As an engineering body ERB has Specific objectives laid out. They intend to take the organisation to its stakeholders that is mostly the engineering sector. Other set objectives are:
- to provide aspects of professional development to its stakeholders
- facilitate for discussion of engineering issues
- provide a networking platform for all parties in the environment
- Mobilize engineering
ERB since its launch has had some challenges but Engineer Mosarwa highlighted some achievements such as the Increase in the ERB footprint. They have also improved value proposition to their stakeholders and have improved contribution to the national agenda
The registration is looking at key outcomes from the upcoming 2020 Engineers Forum set dfor the 29th to 31st of July 2020. These outcomes include but are not limited to :
- Convergence of purpose by the globally recognized sustainable development goals & the national vison 2036
- sustainability in engineering innovation and creativity through collaborations.
- climate change presents opportunity for innovative engineering solutions.
- reducing procurement processes to reduce red tape and enhance innovation, local industry support and skills transfer.
- Ensure quality of life of engineering professionals by developing a wage policy for the industry.